Sunday 17 April 2011

New project

Now my Z 650 is up and running and the XS is getting closer to being completed I've pulled my next project into the garage, I've got 2 to choose from but this is the easiest one. It's a 1979 Yamaha DT 175.  Not something that I'd normally go for but it was going to scrap and I had to rescue it. The good bits are the exhaust looks ok and so does the tank,  the bad bits are everything else, it's a pile of shit! For now.........

I've checked with Yamaha and they confirm that it's a 1979 model but it has a 1980 MX engine fitted. DVLA state that it's never been registered for the road so it looks like it's just been used off road it's whole life, so really it's not it bad shape considering.




2 comments:

  1. dave you really need do know how to polish a turd dont ya lol
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. that didnt come out quite right!

    ReplyDelete