Tuesday 5 April 2011

Harley's that I've owned.

I've ridden Harleys for the past 16 years and during that time I've owned 4, each one has changed in appearance gradually but there's a pic of each one below.

1991 HD Sportster, started life as an 883cc but was taken out to 1200cc, it then got a wide glide front end and fat 16" wheel. These are the last pics before I sold it.



1994 1340cc Evo FXR Superglide, photo taken on the day after I bought it. It pissed down with rain on the day I collected it and I had a very wet 120 mile ride home.  The bike didn't change much but did get a very nice flame paint job and a solid back wheel, I'll post a pic of that when I can find one.




1999 Twin Cam Electra Glide, this bike had a lot of engine work done and was taken out to 1550cc, very quick for a big heavy bike. Sadly breaking my leg and having screws and plates holding me together meant it was just too heavy and had to go.



2004 Twin Cam Softail Standard, photo taken on the day I got it from Speed Superbike Centre in Devon, It's had a hard life but came cheap enough for me to put up with the neglect that was showing.


Now fitted with Vance & Hines pipes, free flowing air filter, Vance & Hines Fuel Pak and a new front wheel with stainless spokes to replace the knackered rusty one. I'm gradually working through it replacing all the rusty nuts and bolts with stainless ones. I've already got a list of jobs for next winter when the whole thing comes to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment