Thursday 7 July 2011

Plunger Chop Project, GO GO GO

I was gonna sell it after I bought the Temptress, I even had 2 people interested in it. That didn't pan out and so I dragged it onto my bike lift the other day, just to give it a good coat of looking at and then today I went to bleed the brake on my XS 650, the very last job. It's a complete bastard and I could not get it to bleed properly and so..........I'll just have 5 minutes looking at that chop!

Rear mudguard mocked up, just to see how it looks.


Rear mudguard fitted, just need to angle the top mounts so they sit straight and then I can weld the connecting bar to them. Still nice and solid though.


This is a 'Rivnut', what a fantastic piece of kit. It's basically a rivet that is threaded right through the middle, drill a hole, insert the rivnut and then squeeze it with the rivnut gun and that's it absolutely solid in the frame tube. Fantastic tank mounting.


Tank and rear mudguard fully mounted.


View from the back, well pleased.

1 comment: