Monday 20 June 2011

The Temptress has landed!

Temptress has arrived, not in as good condition as I had hoped. When I said to the bloke "Tell me everything that is wrong with it" I did mean everything. Fork seals leaking isn't a problem, neither is the slightly rough running.
Gear lever flopping around all over, busted speedo, awful paintwork on frame and mudguards was a bit of a surprise, so was the snapped throttle cable mount on the carbs. However............. Carbs stripped and cleaned and 4 new o rings on the pilot jet bungs and 2 extra turns out on the air screws and it's running lovely, bracket welded up and throttle cable is smoother than ever.

I decided to take some 2000 grit wet and dry to the front mudguard and found that only the tank has been lacquered, so after a rub down out came the T Cut and I managed to find a shine under the orange peel.

New gear lever should arrive tomorrow so I've got to alter that and mate it up to the forward controls and then we're laughing, just needs a tax disc holder as the one fitted is bust. Obviously the last owner wasn't using it up until last weekend as he said, particularly as it's only done 300 miles in 2 years.

Just as it arrived, bars pulled right back, last owner said his wrists hurt riding it, no bloody wonder. I've moved the bars and it's spot on now.

Today just before the carbs come off.

Number plate at the side or should it move, can't decide.

Just before the bars got adjusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment